“If you take a long-term approach, a great brand can travel worldwide, transcend cultural barriers, speak to multiple consumer segments simultaneously, create economies of scale, and let you operate at the higher end of the positioning spectrum—where you can earn solid margins over the long term.”Scott Bedbury
Former Head of Marketing for Starbucks & Nike
Today’s global marketplace is increasingly competitive. Established multinational companies that were accustomed to competing with firms from their home markets, are finding more and more international competitors in their industries. Emerging market firms in particular, from countries across Asia and Latin America, may be able to deliver similar quality products at significantly cheaper prices. Going forward key determinants of who will win and who will lose will come down to global brand recognition and effective international brand management.
Global brands create lasting value for firms across geographies and customer segments. However, creating a brand that appeals to different nationalities around the world isn’t easy.
The big question is: What does it take to build a successful global brand?
What You Will Learn
I always adopt a hands-on approach, and tailor my presentation to meet the specific goals of each organization. However, in general this presentation answers the following questions:
- Significance: Why do brands have no choice but to be global today?
- Foundation: What are the common characteristics of successful global brands?
- Keys to Success: What are best practices to consider and costly mistakes to avoid?
- Insight into Action: How can these best practices and frameworks be applied to your brand?
Organizations who want to communicate to their employees the importance of investing in a global brand. Additionally, academic institutions, particularly MBA programs, are great fits for this engagement.
This presentation can be delivered as a keynote or workshop, ranging from 30–90 minutes long, depending on your needs. The ideal keynote length is 45 minutes.
- Audience members will be convinced that brand recognition back home is no longer sufficient for long-term business success
- Audience members will gain practical frameworks to understand the fundamental characteristics of successful global brands
- Audience members will receive practical case studies of companies that have effectively created global brands including their keys to success
- Audience members will leave with actionable steps they can implement immediately
- I am the author of an award-winning book, China Goes West: Everything You Need to Know About Chinese Companies Going Global (Palgrave Macmillan) which covers global branding
- I have nearly a decade of international branding experience. In my current role at Frontier Strategy Group I lead all global marketing and communications strategy
- Parts of my personal branding story were featured in the Wall Street Journal‘s 2013 article titled, “When the Brand Your Selling is You“
- I am regularly quoted on this topic by mainstream media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The New York Times and Bloomberg
The Next Step
Thank you for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by checking my availability. Just click on the button below. I will get back to your right away.