Today’s business environment is much more connected than it ever was. Companies can no longer focus on their home market to achieve long-term success; however, as more and more firms go global they are finding leadership approaches used back home are not effective in overseas markets.
Organizations that hire and develop effective global leaders are positioned for success today. Leaders who understand the common challenges of empowering an international workforce to fulfill global objectives are positioned for success. These leaders know that global management is a two-way dialogue where the head office and local operations have a constant healthy tension allowing the organization to maximize global scale while benefiting for one-the-ground understanding.
The big question is: What are the keys to becoming an effective global leader?
What You Will Learn
I always adopt a hands-on approach, and tailor my presentation to meet the specific goals of each organization. However, in general this presentation answers the following questions:
- Defining Leadership: What does it mean to be a ‘global leader’?
- Global to Local: What are the most common challenges leaders encounter at the global level vs. local level in the geographies where your organization operates?
- Five Characteristics: What are the five characteristics of effective global leaders?
- Global Mind Shift: How can you become an effective global leader?
Organizations who want to communicate to their employees and other constituents that global management requires a different approach in order to achieve success abroad. I have spoken on this topic to a wide array of audiences—businesspeople, MBA students, policymakers and government officials.
This presentation can be delivered as a keynote or workshop, ranging from 30–90 minutes long, depending on your needs. The ideal keynote length is 45 minutes.
- Audience members will be convinced that they need to acquire new skills and management approaches to lead effectively in a global environment
- Audience members will gain practical frameworks to understand how to adjust their leadership styles for a global audience
- Audience members will receive case studies of relevant organizations who have successfully transitioned from purely domestic focused to become global organizations
- Audience members will leave with actionable steps they can implement immediately
- I am the author of an award-winning book about globalization, China Goes West: Everything You Need to Know About Chinese Companies Going Global (Palgrave Macmillan)
- China Goes West received strong endorsements from top leaders representing Lenovo, PepsiCo, Harvard University, ABInbev, the American Chamber of Commerce in China and the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China
- I have personally worked closely with hundreds of senior executives from top-tier multinational companies
- I am regularly quoted on this topic by mainstream media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The New York Times and Bloomberg
The Next Step
Thank you for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by checking my availability. Just click on the button below. I will get back to your right away.